NOW HIRING A STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Department: Accounting Grade: 8
Reports To: CFO Classification: Non-Exempt
Supervises Direct: 0 Supervises Indirect: 0
Approved By: CEO Effective Date: 10/07/2013
Revised Date: 10/25/2019
To support the financial management and operations of the credit union through maintenance of accounting
records and reports. Performs accounting duties of moderate complexity in accordance with standard procedures
and under minimal supervision by demonstrating the core competencies listed:
Analytical Skills - The ability to recognize, articulate, and solve both complex and uncomplicated problems
based on available information.
Communication Skills - The ability to convey information (written and verbal) to another person effectively and
Job Knowledge - The ability to demonstrate a broad job knowledge and exceptional ability in performing the
essential duties and functions of the position.
Technology Skills - Working knowledge of our systems to maintain data: Data Processing, Microsoft Office
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
30% Reconciles bank accounts, posts to and reconciles general or subsidiary ledgers, codes and
processes invoices and compiles monthly closings, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, etc.
30% Prepares reports for external IIRS and regulatory reporting purposes, examiners and auditors.
20% Verifies accuracy, completeness and consistency of accounting information received.
10% Records disbursements, expenses and other payments, investment transactions and miscellaneous
5% Contacts other departments and/or outside agencies to resolve common problems.
5% Performs other duties as assigned.
1. To prepare all reports within the prescribed time frame and with zero errors.
2. To keep all assigned general ledger accounts current and in balance monthly or as applicable.
3. To analyze company accounting data and develop recommendations on cost reductions and efficiencies.
4. To troubleshoot and resolve internal inquiries in a timely, friendly and accurate manner.
5. To maintain a professional work environment and businesslike appearance.
6. To maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness.