2017 Mini-Grants for Educators
SELCCU's Mini-Grant program accepts grant requests for classroom projects from preK-12 educators in Lorain County. SELCCU's Mini-Grants are meant to assist teachers who may not have funding or other resources for creating innovative and educational classroom experiences.
Final determinations are made at SELCCU's discretion. Each project will be judged on its own merit, in its own category and decisions will be strongly influenced by the following criteria:
Projects should be:
- Innovative and creative. Requests for equipment and supplies (i.e. calculators, paper, art supplies, books, etc.) will not be funded unless they are a component of a broader, more creative project. Please note that a majority of weight will be based on this standard.
- Designed to include as many students as possible in the current school year.
- Designed to have the ability to contribute to student learning in subsequent years.
- SELCCU funding should have a major impact on project implementation. If, to be successful, a project requires more than SELCCU's $250 grant, the budget must outline the source of additional funding needed and whether it has been confirmed.
- Presentation is the first connection between you, your project and the reviewing committee. Please proofread for accuracy and clarity.
- It is required that a copy of your proposed project be furnished to your school principal. Grant money will be sent to your school specifically for the project submitted in the Grant request.
- Application deadline for Mini-Grants is October 31, 2017.
- The Mini-Grants will be awarded the first week of December.
- Applicant must be a member of SELCCU.
Projects which will not be funded:
- Field trips
- Guest speakers
- Faculty travel
- Projects that provide prizes, incentives or rewards for student performance
Application Submission Process
Individuals may only submit one project per granting period. If multiple teachers are working together on one project, only on submission will be allowed and only one grant will be awarded.
All Mini-Grant Applications must be submitted electronically through our Web site by CLICKING HERE.
Four Mini-Grants are available for up to $250 each.
If you have any questions, please contact Tiphaney at (440)324-3400 x 119.
2017 Mini-Grant Application HERE